Compensation and Benefits Specialist
Passionate about combining your skills working with People and with Numbers, in a fast-growing, leading edge SaaS business? We are currently recruiting a Compensation & Benefits Specialist to work in our London or Chiasso offices.
Reporting to the CHRO, you will play a key role in setting up, running and maintaining the annual compensation cycle and creating necessary compensation analyses, processes and policies for the business, contributing to global clarity, transparency and cost effectiveness. Working alongside an international HR team, you will have the chance to create reports, manage current reward approaches, establish optimal processes for compensation and recommend changes to local benefits. You will also help to maintain Reward Records on Board’s HRIS, including adding new programs and exploring automation of data-feeds.
This position provides a great opportunity to join a fast-growing company with a product at the technological forefront of its market and plenty of opportunities to develop your skills.
- Set up and run the annual compensation planning cycle, including prior year bonus payouts and current year base pay increases. Design iterative workbooks to indicate spend against budget by business/function. Report-outs at cycle-end to demonstrate actual budget allocation – e.g., by performance, function/division, job level, gender etc.
- Recommend pay increase matrix each year, based on business needs (e.g., position in pay range and performance rating)
- Input to salary increase budget, bringing country-specific challenges into the mix (e.g., high inflation countries, skill scarcity etc.)
- Analyse current compensation levels and pay mix and recommend corrective action.
- Work alongside other members of the HR team to define approach to off-cycle pay changes, promotions, maintenance of frameworks (e.g., bonus ranges by employee function and level)
- Salary survey submission and updates
- Act as a source of reference to Talent & Acquisition, regarding internal pay relativities and external benchmarks for the proposed package.
- Compare “in-year” spend with annualized costs.
- Review and prepare bonus plan documentation annually, for dissemination across participants
- Maintain and further develop the global job architecture
- Administer and communicate the company’s benefits program plan options, features and enrollment requirements
- Recommend changes to benefits programs based on market trends and supplier updates
- Draft Compensation policy documents as needed
- Manage external suppliers – e.g., survey providers
- Attend reward consultant’s briefings (e.g., Aon) to ensure the business remains up to date on leading edge external market Reward trends
- Perform various HR data analysis
- 5-10 years of experience in similar roles, preferably in the Technology Industry
- BA/BSc level education
- Basic knowledge of local labor law and HR policies (e.g., FLSA in US; Gender Pay gap reporting in UK;)
- Advanced Excel usage (Pivots; VLOOKUPs and advanced formulae; good modeling capability and experience)
- Love of data and analytics – and a desire to translate this into easily understood information for use within the business
- Fluency in English is mandatory; an additional European language is preferred
- Reliable and proactive attitude
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks independently
- Into CHRO
- No direct reports: leveraging HR and business relationships to accomplish tasks
Key Stakeholders and Relationships:
- HR Team
- Finance (Group Financial Controller)
Board International is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Your personal data will be stored for as long as it is necessary to process the job applications that you submitted and for the provision of the service that you requested. Your personal data may also be processed for the fulfillment of the obligations provided for by law. Your data will in any case be deleted without unjustified delay once the aforementioned legal obligations have been fulfilled. Your personal data are collected and used by Board International SA and/or its subsidiaries that are located in the EU or outside on the basis of the appropriate safeguards provided by the European Regulation 2016/679. At any time you may request to access, to correct and/or delete your personal data used by Board International SA or by its subsidiaries for recruiting purposes.