Vice President of Platform
Do you love building things that deliver value - and helping others do the same? Come grow with us in this newly created leadership role within our Product Management team. You will drive the vision, innovation and scalability of the Board Intelligent Planning Platform, as you guide our development teams to delight our customers and partners. Your responsibilities range from growing the revenue & profitability of our existing platform to planning & developing next-generation capabilities & services. You are also a people manager and mentor, with a passion to create lightweight processes that govern, guide, mentor, and inspire your team members and your peers.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; big-picture vision, with the drive to make your vision a reality. You will be our Market Expert, Chief Evangelist and Thought-Leader for our platform.
In This Role You Will:
- Work closely with Customers, Partners, Product and Engineering to capture & prioritize requirements, define platform roadmaps, and keep the dev team focused on delivering value. Manage our platform through all phases of the product lifecycle
- Develop the Business Cases which drive investment. Generate Use-Cases and prioritized requirements from all functional stakeholders to develop ‘Whole Products’ which address these multidimensional needs.
- Prioritize the needs of our partners who develop, deliver, and maintain apps on the Board platform. This will include APIs, web services, automated tooling and related services.
- Use prototyping & data to continuously develop, test, and validate your hypotheses for products and features. (ala the Lean Startup model). ‘Let the data do the talking’
- Directly manage & mentor small, growing team within Product Management, and influence a cross-functional diverse team across engineering, marketing and customer success.
- Partner with Product Marketing to leverage our market insights into sales-enabling tools and other customer-facing artifacts and programs.
This Role Might Be For You If You Have:
- 10 years direct hands-on experience in Technology Product Management for a SaaS product or platform. Previous assignment at the Director, Senior Director, or VP-level. Direct experience in defining & delivering developer services & tools: APIs, SDKs, Web Services, etc.
- Leadership Skills and Operational Excellence - A team player with a proven ability to implement metrics-driven, process-based, scalable best practices and methodologies.
- 3-5 years as a People Manager, with a track record of leading a multi-faceted team; ability to create processes that govern, guide, mentor, and inspire team members as well as peers. Direct experience leading & influencing engineering teams & leaders.
- Technical undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college. A technical graduate degree or MBA is a strong plus
- A high tolerance of ambiguity, a curiosity to pursue the unknown, and a willingness to take informed risks.
- Exceptional interpersonal & communications skills, with a track record of fostering relationships and aligning teams across multiple departments.
Board International is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Your personal data will be stored for as long as it is necessary to process the job applications that you submitted and for the provision of the service that you requested. Your personal data may also be processed for the fulfillment of the obligations provided for by law. Your data will in any case be deleted without unjustified delay once the aforementioned legal obligations have been fulfilled. Your personal data are collected and used by Board International SA and/or its subsidiaries that are located in the EU or outside on the basis of the appropriate safeguards provided by the European Regulation 2016/679. At any time you may request to access, to correct and/or delete your personal data used by Board International SA or by its subsidiaries for recruiting purposes.